This document provides information for those interested in hacking on or
contributing to SourceHut.
Here are some tips to expedite the installation procedure:
- A PostgreSQL database and Redis server are always required.
- Generally, you can skip the webhooks daemons unless you need them.
- Always prefer package installations for obtaining dependencies.
- You can usually get away without configuring the outgoing mail settings,
but you may still have to generate a PGP key to get things started up.
- You can skip setting up a reverse proxy and use our development servers via
python3 run.py instead.
We use git send-email and discuss patches (and
other development topics) on the
sr.ht-dev list. Please send your
patches and development questions there.